Roslynn - Legal Secretary - Litigation Specialist - AVAILABLE TO TEMP
Education and Experience
- Associate Arts Degree from Holmes Community College. I have a Word Processing Certificate from Platt Career School, which was located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Well versed in many different fields of law, but I have to say I enjoy insurance defense the most. I enjoy working with the courts, interacting with clients, and typing Briefs.
- Willing to learn, take on more responsibility, and contribute my skills, knowledge, and experience to the continued success and growth of any given law firm/agency!
- Punctual, dependable, detailed, and a fast learner! I’m very proud of my profession and I enjoy the law field! I am a commissioned Notary Public.
The three accomplishments she is most proud of are:
- United States Navy honorably discharged veteran.
- PLS certification via NALS (2004)
- 2016-2017 Recipient of Metro Legal Professionals Association's "Award of Excellence.”
- Knowledge of the CM/ECF/MEC e-filing systems
- Drafting, editing and finalizing various legal documents and correspondence
- Transcription, typing, data entry 75+ wpm
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Filing, answering telephone, receive and distribute messages
- Create, send out, receive and distribute emails
- Communicate with clients, courts, vendors, and counsel opposite
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Experienced in various levels of court, word processing, billing programs and various other job-related, secretarial duties
My father was an attorney, so at age 16, being very fast in typing class at high school, he put me to work! He started me out by having me type full, detailed legal land descriptions on a huge steel typewriter, using legal size paper, carbon paper, and a wheel/brush type eraser! He closely instructed me on how NOT to make any mistakes because “land descriptions MUST be correct!” I remember thinking “how boring!”
As time passed by and with my fast, accurate typing skills, improving day by day, I started working for attorneys, and have never looked back! Having worked in just about every field of law over time, I became more and more interested in helping people solve their legal disputes via the court system!